Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My balance

My balance is practice - early in the morning preferably, 6-7.30a.m.

I haven't practiced for a week, after mild appendicitis attack last Wednesday I took it easy and focused more on massage. Liu did cupping on Thursday too, my back is still shaded purple from it. Obvious discoloration of the skin shows clearly where the problem is. My whole Liver meridian seems to be inflamed (on fire, as TCM would claim). After cupping I got a flu, I can feel fire trying to find the way out while Liu chases it away with his healing methods.

Today I started with a gentle practice: usual leg stretch and Universal Step (step following the Bagua map) were followed by 12 hand postures and later on 5 elements consecutive stances. After 5 elements practice (Wuxin quan) Liu used a padded stick and gently tapped along my UB meridian (from the tip of the shoulder to the heel - on each side). Afterwards we had a talk about yin-yang theory, balancing of the 5 elements in nature, cycles and impact on the health.

Finished with 8 Directions form to relax and have fun with implementation :D

Once again I wonder why I stopped practicing for a week....

No comments: